Thursday, August 27, 2015

Introduction

Hi! My name is Beatriz and I am a senior majoring in Biochemistry/Pre-Med. Although Puerto Rico is the place I call "home," I was born in Oregon and lived in the continental US until I was nine years old. Also, I am only half Puerto Rican; I am also half Brazilian. In addition to speaking English, I grew up speaking Spanish and Portuguese. At the time, I hated how my parents practically forced me to speak their languages, but in the long run, I think it has been the best gift my parents have given to their children. I have two younger siblings. My sister just now started college and my brother is a senior in high school.
Personal photo from June 2013

The first thing I like to tell people is how much of a soccer freak I am. It is so bad that I do not mind waking up at 8:00AM for an HES soccer course here at OU. My favorite club team is Arsenal and I went to the World Cup in Brazil last summer. This summer I spent most of my time watching the Women's World Cup and went to the beach with my close friends.  In Puerto Rico, I live about 15 minutes from the beach, so going to the beach usually becomes part of everyone's daily summer routine when you live in a beach town. Some of my favorite hobbies include reading and people watching. I usually read for fun when I am not in school but I enjoy reading National Geographic during my free time. As for people watching, my friends and I like to come up with random stories about people walking nearby. Although I try not to watch much TV, my favorite shows include The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Grey's Anatomy. Finally, I am a very chill but straightforward girl who thinks being herself is the best way to go. I cannot wait to meet all of you throughout the semester!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beatriz! I am jealous that you get to spend your entire summer by the beach. One of my favorite things to do is swim. My grandparents speak German and Spanish, but they did not teach my mother because my grandma came to America from Germany and did not know English. I commend you for sticking with biochemistry. I know that it is extremely hard, but there is only one year left!

    ReplyDelete